Why are WE #1 in Houston?
- Experienced with over 30 years between three team members who attend all inspections
- State-of-the-Art equipment *
- Quick turnaround time on reports, early as same day or by 10 next morning
- We appreciate client attendance and participation!
- In-depth inspection of structural systems including the foundation
* We use our infra-camera on every inspection! And not just any old infra-red camera, our B200 is so sensitive that it can detect even the smallest amount of moisture. Our camera produces an exact duplicate of the infra-red . As you can see thre were no outward signs of water on the ceiling below the bathrub drain but the infra-red "saw" it!!!
The difference between our camera and other inspector's cameras is that ours cost $10,000! Most inspectors have a $1,000 camera that just doesn't do the same job. We take pride in our tools - out investment help do a better inspection for YOU.
Why is this important? Because our camera produces a duplicate photo to compare to the infra-red, showing exactly where the problem is located. The images are very high resolution, which an be used in court cases, if
what we can do for you -
Home Inspections and re-inspections
Depending on the age, size and location of a home we can give you the best home inspection money can buy. Call Fernando at 713-249-8581
Invasive Stucco Inspections (see stucco page for YOUTUBE VIDEOS for procedures and repairs performed
Mold Testing and Leak Detection
Mold Testing prices below, are based on how many air conditioning units are in the home:
- One a/c unit includes assessment and lab fees $550.00 (if performed during a home inspection, we will give $100 off)
- Add $75.00 for each unit over one or other test type with 72 hour turnaround
Who we are: A family team of three licensed and certified inspectors with a total of over 44 years of experience ! (Fernando with 25+ years , Wendy with 21 years, and Elissa with 7 years.
When it comes to knowledge and professionalism we go above and beyond for you - read our reviews on Angies List to know we are #1 in Houston! BBB we have an A rating! We encourage you to be present at the inspection and follow along, asking questions, as we thoroughly investigate the home. We want you to better understand the prospective purchase and the impact any negatives may have.
What we do: We use a team approach to every inspection, with each member specializing in certain aspects, such as leak detection or structural deficiencies. We go over and above the minimum standards as set forth by the Texas Real Estate Commission.
Our resident ICC certified Building Code expert, Fernando, is ready to consult on code issues.
What we don't do:
- Second and third story roofs may not be accessible, and if so, we will do our utmost to view it from all angles using binoculars.
- We do not perform Spanish tile roof, however, we do carefully inspect the support structure.
How to pay us: we accept checks, cash or credit cards (use Paypal to process any credit card without being a member of Paypal by using the "Buy Now" button on the right.
Email Us: HOMEINSPECTOR@SWBELL.NET
Call Us: 713-249-8581 Fernando 713-248-6284 Elissa
today to find out what we can do for you. If emailing us please give us the address or a link to the listing so we can Google it for exact specs and directions. If new, please include the most recent map or address of an existing building for coordinates.
WHY USE US?
- Licensed by TREC to inspect homes, buildings and structures for proper building techniques and compliance to codes. Fernando is a code inspector.
- Angies List Super Service award winners 10 years in a row!
- BBB members with no complaints and an A+ rating!
- Licensed by Texas Department of State Health Services to perform mold investigations and allergy inspections and perform indoor air quality testing, write Protocol for Remediation and issue Clearance certificates.
- Certified by Exterior Design Institute to perform stucco cladding inspections
- Certified to utilize Infra-red technology (we own a FLIR-B200 camera)
- Insured for liability and errors and omissions
- A stucco inspection service, licensed by the Texas Real Estate Commission, Texas Department of State Health Services and certified by the Exterior Design Institute, which includes overseeing projects in which stucco is removed and reinstalled, can provide certification
Rated "A" ON ANGIE'S LIST!!! SUPER SERVICE AWARD
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
and check us out on the Houston BBB where we are rated A
Agreement to Inspect
(Click the Smiley Face)
Fernando Martinez~President of PHI
MAC #1002/TREC 2945
Wendy Matson (Martinez) MAC 1176 TREC 3666
Agente Bilingue', Fernando is fully bilingual in both English and Spanish. We are fully insured, bonded and have workman's comp and can prove it! Just ask.
Elissa Martinez MAC 1176/TREC 10940
To purchase an inspection online
click link below:
CLICK the lightbulb below to access our gift to you "How to Buy the Right House the FIRST time.
New feature: weekly photos of the
Good, bad and ugly
NEW HOME BUILDER PRACTICES
November and December 2014 - we've been seeing quite a few builder boo-boos that require the tearing off of stone and brick at rooflines due to lack proper support, as per the International Residential Code, which requires three 2" x 6" AND a metal lintel.
Without this suppor the heavy load sits directly on the roof and within a year or so, cracks begin to show due to stress.
The builder's man had to remove the top stone area and rebuild it with a metal angle iron, called a linte - and FERNANDO found that!
a DARLING home
PREFERRED HOME INSPECTOR'S BUILDER for 2014
Amir Matini, Posh Construction
His attendance at the inspecton at the company's newly built home in Spring Valley proved to be invaluable! We found him to be a conciencious builder who put out one of the best products we have seen this past year!