WE ARE THE INSPECTORS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR -
- Scroll down to read our "hints" to help you "pass" the certificate test
- Read our FAQs
- Text Elissa 713-249-6284 with specifics and she will return call
- For stucco information, please use "stucco" tab at top. Stucco videos on "how we do it" on the stucco page
- Text Elissa with specifics, such as HAR number, square footage, name and phone and she will return your call with a quote
- For information on structural and mechanicial inspections, see below
- We are out of town until January 23, 2017.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
- Invasive stucco inspection
- General home inspection
- Mold Inspection, testing and document for remediation and Certificate for Remediation for flooded houses
- E-coli testing (must have notice to procure proper testing agar
- Expert witness for construction defects or mold
- Arbitration between contractor and homeowner (prior to or with attorney involvement)
10 reasons why are WE are #1 HOME INSPECTORS in Houston
And there's more..
- Experienced - Fernando Martinez is licensed TREC Professional Inspector, Certified ICC Code, Licensed Mold Assessment Consultant and expert witness
- State-of-the-Art equipment * re-calibrated professionally regularly. Infra-red certified and used on every job (included in price)
- Stucco inspection team with on-site determination of repairs needed which will be reflected in the report. Turn-key oversight for stucco replacement/repair is available.
- We appreciate client attendance and participation, unlike many inspectors we love to teach and answer questions we LOVE first time homebuyers!
- In-depth inspection of structural systems including the foundation and roof, if walkable, electrical panel and mechanical/appliances. We recommend other professionals only as needed, for instance, we do not do termite or septic.
- We can offer on-the-spot indoor air quality testing for mold if the need exists. During our inspection, we always look for mold or mold-producing problems and will present you with the facts so you can decide whether to test.
- Fernando is ICC Code certified for brand- new homes or warranty walk-through inspections.
- Fernando is an experienced expert witness, if needed, with references. Eperience with jury trials, depositions, arbitration
- We are fully insured, including workman's comp, E&O and liability and can email the docs upon request. Some builders require insurance and code certification - ask your buider if this is needed before you have to scramble for an inspector that is qualified.
- We have "sample" reports of typical inspections so that you can see how detailed we are.
* We use our infra-camera on every home inspection no extra charge! And not just any infra-red camera, our B200 is so sensitive that it can detect even the smallest amount of moisture inside walls under proper temperature differential of 30F. Our camera produces a duplicate of the infra-red, useful for court, if needed . Fernando is FLIR certified.
The difference between our camera and other inspector's cameras is that ours cost $10,000! Exquisite sensitivy and duplicate digital/infra-red images show where the problems are located. Most inspectors have a $1,000 camera that just doesn't do the same job. We take pride in our tools - out investment help do a better inspection for YOU. We keep them professionally calibrated for forensic purposes.
Unfortuntely, as opposed to what some inspectors and homebuyers believe, stucco cannot be tested with an infra-red - there is NO substitution for an invasive inspection.
Home Inspections and re-inspections
Depending on the age, size and location of a home we can give you the best home inspection or stucco inspection that money can buy. Call Fernando at 713-249-8581. With us you receive a high quality inspection with a great deal of background knowledge that you just can't get with "newbie" inspectors.
Invasive Stucco Inspections (see stucco page for YOUTUBE VIDEOS for procedures and repairs performed)
Indoor Air Quality Testing and Assessment
1. Smell mold? See visible mold growth? Have allergy issues? We can test your indoor air and any other location that may have water penetration problems (mold must have chronic past or present water to exist and grow).
2. How do we test and assess? An important part of our job is the "Assessment" - a basic inspection in which we are searching every possible avenue of chronic or hidden water peneteration/leaks, which is required for mold growth. Then we send the tests off to our laboratory for professional results - included in the price.
3. What if my house has excessive mold in the air? When the test results come back, due to our assessment, we will know why you have elevated mold in the air and will write a report on how to get rid of it. This will be written on the Mold Assessment Report. However, if a licensed remediation company is needed, we must charge for this report.
4. I flooded, and need a Certificate of Mold Remediation. How do I get that? We are licensed in Texas to provide the certificate. To get it, the house must have air that does not have excessive mold spores nor toxic mold spores. We will test the air - the results will show the present state of the air! If it is low in mold spores, we can issue the Certificate no extra charge.
5. What should I do to ensure that my house will pass the test? Prior to our visit, the house should be thoroughly vacuumed (a HEPA vac is best or water tank type). It should be done 8 hours prior to our arrival. The a/c should be left off and no fans running. We want the air to settle down. Another good idea is to wet wipe down horizontal surfaces with warm sudsy water, changing the water frequently. Mopping the floor is helpful also.
6. What if we fail? If the air test is extremely elevated we may recommend a remedition expert to clean the HVAC and ductwork.
7. What if more extensive work is needed because the air has toxins in it or there is visible mold growth that amounts to 25 sq. ft.?
We are licensed to write a document for the removal of mold - called a "Protocol for Remediation", which a licensed mold remediator will need to properly remove the mold from your home. This is an extra cost and will normally require final testing - "clearance testing" - that comes with a certificate showing that the source and the mold have been removed - essential for the resale of your home, and for your security.
What we do: We use a team approach to every inspection, with each member specializing in certain aspects, such as leak detection or structural deficiencies. We go over and above the minimum standards as set forth by the Texas Real Estate Commission.
Our lead inspector ICC certified code expert, Fernando, is ready to consult on code issues.
All three inspectors are licensed Mold Consultants (through Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations - TDLR)
What we don't do:
- septic systems
- Second and third story roofs may not be accessible, and if so, we will do our utmost to view it from all angles using binoculars.
- We do not perform Spanish tile roof, however, we do carefully inspect the support structure.
- We don't perform mold remediation work
- We don't repair stucco (however, we do have a Turn-key inspecton service that oversees repairs)
How to pay us: we accept checks, cash or credit cards (use Paypal to process any credit card without being a member of Paypal by using the "Buy Now" button on the right. The steps are easy to follow.
713-249-8581 (Fernando's cell) He will return your call if on a job, please leave a specific message. Texting is better than emailing.
Email Us: HOMEINSPECTOR@SWBELL.NET
For inspections of all types, call or text: 713-249-8581 (Fernando) Elissa (713-248-6284) for on-going stucco inspections repair oversight,Wendy (713-249-4267) for questions on reports
today to find out what we can do for you. If emailing us please give us the address or a link to the listing so we can Google it for exact specs and directions. If new property, please include the most recent map or address of an existing building for coordinates.
Rated "A" ON ANGIE'S LIST!!! SUPER SERVICE AWARD
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 (we quit them - ask us why with such good ratings)
and check us out on the Houston BBB where we are rated A+
Agreement to Inspect
(Click the Smiley Face)
Fernando Martinez~President of PHI
TREC 2945 and TDLR # 1002
Texas Real Estate Commission #2945 ( REsales and inspector) and
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (mold) #1002
Agente Bilingue', Fernando is fully bilingual in both English and Spanish.
Wendy Matson (Martinez)
TREC # 3666 and TDLR #1136
We are fully insured, bonded and have workman's comp and can prove it! Just ask.
Elissa Martinez TREC 10940 and TDLR # 1137
To purchase an inspection online
click link below:
!!! ATTENTION FIRST TIME HOMEBUYERS!!!
CLICK the lightbulb below to access our gift to you "How to Buy the Right House the FIRST time.
Construction Company of the Month
First Emergency Restoration.com
Patrick and Larry Thurman
713-410-5345 or email@example.com
for excellent and professional work and customer service
Our review of their flood remodel project and the results of indoor air quality testing we performed showed us that there are still companies who believe in quality work. - congratulations!